Please find below details of staff vacancies that are currently being advertised for Methven Primary School
Opuke (Year 5 – 6) Team Leader
If you love the outdoors and are keen on a work/life balance, we have an exciting opportunity to offer at Methven Primary School. We are a Y1–6 primary school situated at the base of Mt Hutt and a one-hour drive from Christchurch.
Our school is looking for an innovative and collaborative leader to join our kura. Our successful applicant will be the leader of our Y5–6 team of 3–4 classrooms and will lead our school-wide PB4L Tier 1 team. We will work with our successful applicant to utilise and build on their strengths as new opportunities arise within our school.
This position comes with 2MU (1 permanent & 1 fixed-term)
The successful applicant will:
- have had recent, successful teaching and leadership experience in the Y5–6 area
- have skills in positive behaviour for learning and/or behavioural management
- demonstrate excellent communication skills to work with tamariki, whānau, staff, and agencies in order to put students at the centre and support their unique needs
- be future-focused and a curriculum expert with knowledge of current developments
- have skills in analysing data and be able to use evaluative practice to enhance student outcomes
- display efficient organisational skills with an ability to create and share systems – knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and Hero SMS would be an advantage
- be a people-person with strengths in relational trust, and an ability to mentor and nurture others in the team
- show positivity with a sense of fun and work collaboratively as a team member!
This position commences at the start of term 1, 2023. Removal expenses may be covered upon promotion.
Relief Teachers 2022
Situated near Mt Hutt in Mid-Canterbury, Methven Primary School is 30 minutes from Ashburton and approx. 1 hour from Christchurch.
We would love to hear from you!