Information regarding 2018 stationery requirements, including Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) is detailed below.
- We have partnered with Eeny Meeny to provide ‘Back to School’ Stationery Packs for students.
- Eeny Meeny is a leading, New Zealand-owned, specialist supplier to schools and their pricing is extremely competitive – we couldn’t find cheaper.
- Stationery lists for all teams have been loaded onto www.schoolpacks.co.nz.
- Visit www.schoolpacks.co.nz, select ‘Methven School’ from the drop down, choose the appropriate team pack and all the required stationery items (including quantities) will appear for you to purchase.
- Purchasing full, part or multiple packs, along with additional items is very easy.
- Orders over $40+GST are dispatched freight free, a small freight charge applies to orders under $40+GST.
- Payment is collected at the time of order and can be made either via credit card or Internet Banking. If neither of these options suit you, chat with Eeny Meeny online or email to sort out a solution for you!
- With every $25 that you spend on stationery one reward point will be issued to our school. We can then collate and redeem these reward points on products from Eeny Meeny.
- Click here to view the 2018 Stationery Lists PDF.
Included within the school packs are some Warwick ‘My Learning’ exercise books. These are a new range of books that have durable laminated covers and a range of features designed by teachers including student reference material. We are confident that this range of exercise books will perform and last the rigours of daily classroom use so you will not need to spend additional costs laminating books or purchasing book covers.
- Team 1 – Ensure your child’s name is on all books and their book bag. All other items will be for class use.
- Team 2 – Label all items (except tissues)
- Team 3 – Label all items (except tissues)
- Team 4 – Label all items (except tissues)
Additional School Items
In addition to the attached stationery packs, families are also required to purchase the below items.
- School Diary (Teams 1, 2 & 3) $5.00
Diaries are used to communicate between home and school, especially regarding home learning.
- Reading Eggs Subscription (Teams 1 & 2) $15.00
Students use reading eggs on a regular basis in the classroom. Reading Eggs make learning to read interesting and engaging for kids, with online reading games and activities. Login details are provided for home usage too.
- Matific Subscription (Teams 3 & 4) $10.00
Students use the this educational maths app which has an extensive portfolio of hundreds of activities and worksheets that are delivered in a fun and reward giving way. Login details are provided for home usage too.
The above items will be distributed to students on their first day of school, with the cost invoiced to family accounts for payment. We would appreciate payment within the first week of school please.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
In 2018, we are once again encouraging Year 5 and 6 students at Methven Primary School to bring their own device for their learning. We see the ability to transition from working at school to home, as an important step in our students development.
As an Office 365 school, having a computer that can have the Office Suite installed is important, especially OneNote. This is a free download from your child’s MPS O365 account, which we can help with at any time.
The computer market is very confusing and is inundated with so many choices. To assist you, Cyclone Computers (our school’s ICT company) have developed a website that promotes a range of devices which fit our schools criteria covering different price brackets for some guidance. If you visit their website you can view detailed information regarding the selected models.
Please feel free to shop around for the best price. Cyclone’s advertised pricing will always include a 3 Year warranty which is important to note. You may be able to find the same device for a cheaper price else where, but you will need to check with the retailer regarding the warranty.
If you have further questions regarding device specifications, we would strongly recommend talking to Kim at Cyclone Computers 0800 686 686 (ChCh).