Information regarding 2020 stationery requirements, including Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) is detailed below.
- Visit www.schoolpacks.co.nz, select ‘Methven School’ from the drop down, choose the appropriate team pack and all the required stationery items (including quantities) will appear for you to purchase.
- Selecting full, part or multiple packs is easy, and their pricing is very competitive – we couldn’t find cheaper!
- Orders over $40+GST are dispatched freight free, a small freight charge applies to orders under $40+GST.
- Payment can be made via credit card or Internet Banking. If neither of these options suit you, chat with Eeny Meeny to sort out a solution for you!
- With every $25 that you spend on stationery one reward point will be issued to our school. We can then collate and redeem these reward points on products from Eeny Meeny.
- Click here to view a PDF of the 2020 Stationery Lists.
Included within the school packs are some Warwick ‘My Learning’ books. These range of books have durable laminated covers and a range of features designed by teachers including student reference material. You do not need to laminate these books or purchase book covers.
- Mahuri – Please name your child’s books and book bag. All other items will be for class use and do not need labelled.
- Piwakawaka – Label all items (except tissues)
- Opuke – Ensure your child’s name is on all items, except tissues.
Additional School Items
Families are also required to purchase the below items:
- School Diary $5.00
- Reading Eggs Subscription $15.00
- Matific Subscription $10.00
- Matific Subscription $10.00
These will be distributed to students on their first week of school, with the cost invoiced to family accounts. We would appreciate payment within a week of receiving the invoice please.
All payments to Methven Primary School will need to be made to 02-0868-0013797-000.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
In 2018, we are once again encouraging Year 5 and 6 students at Methven Primary School to bring their own device for their learning. We see the ability to transition from working at school to home, as an important step in our students development.
As an Office 365 school, having a computer that can have the Office Suite installed is important, especially OneNote. This is a free download from your child’s MPS O365 account, which we can help with at any time.
The computer market is very confusing and is inundated with so many choices. To assist you, Cyclone Computers (our school’s ICT company) have developed a website that promotes a range of devices which fit our schools criteria covering different price brackets for some guidance. If you visit their website you can view detailed information regarding the selected models.
Please feel free to shop around for the best price. Cyclone’s advertised pricing will always include a 3 Year warranty which is important to note. You may be able to find the same device for a cheaper price else where, but you will need to check with the retailer regarding the warranty.
If you have further questions regarding device specifications, we would strongly recommend talking to Kim at Cyclone Computers 0800 686 686 (ChCh).