Information regarding 2023 stationery requirements, including Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) is detailed below.
We are once again partnering with Qizzle for ‘Back to School’ Stationery Packs for students.
- Visit www.schoolpacks.co.nz, select ‘Methven School’ from the drop down, choose the appropriate team pack and all the required stationery items (including quantities) will appear for you to purchase.
- Selecting full, part or multiple packs is easy, and their pricing is very competitive – we couldn’t find cheaper!
- Orders $69 or more are dispatched freight free, a small freight charge applies to orders under $69.
- Payment is collected at the time of order and can be made via credit card (Visa or Mastercard). If this option doesn’t suit you, chat with Qizzle online or email and they can sort out a solution for you!
- With every $25 that you spend on stationery one reward point will be issued to our school. We can then collate and redeem these reward points on products from Qizzle
- The majority of our stationery books have durable laminated covers and a range of features designed by teachers including student reference material. You do not need to laminate these books or purchase book covers.
- Labelling Items
- Mahuri – Please name your child’s books and book bag. All other items will be for class use and do not need labelled.
- Piwakawaka – Ensure your child’s name is on all items, except tissues.
- Opuke – Ensure your child’s name is on all items, except tissues.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
In 2023, we are once again encouraging Year 5 and 6 students at Methven Primary School to bring their own device for their learning. We see the ability to transition from working at school to home as an important step in our students development. It is also optional for Year 4 students to bring their own device in 2023.
As an Office 365 school, having a computer that can have the Office Suite installed is important, especially OneNote. This is a free download from your child’s MPS O365 account, which we can help with at any time.
The computer market is very confusing and is inundated with so many choices. To assist you, Cyclone Computers (our school’s ICT company) have developed a website that promotes a range of devices which fit our schools criteria covering different price brackets for some guidance.
- Visit https://byod.cyclone.co.nz/
- Search for Methven Primary School & start browsing
Please feel free to shop around for the best price. Cyclone’s advertised pricing will always include a 3 Year warranty which is important to note. You may be able to find the same device for a cheaper price else where, but you will need to check with the retailer regarding the warranty.
If you have further questions regarding device specifications, we would strongly recommend you talking to Cyclone Computers:
• Phone 0800 686 686 (Christchurch)
• Utilise their online chat feature