Students first day at Methven Primary School for 2023 is Tuesday 31st January.
The Methven Primary School office will be open on Thursday 26 January from 9:00am – 12:00pm for families wishing to enrol their child.
- Thursday 26 January – Office open 9:00am to 12:00pm for new enrolments
- Friday 27 January – Class Lists available via School’s Hero app (approx 4pm)
- Monday 30 January – Staff Only Day. Office open 9:00am – 3:00pm.
- Tuesday 31 January – Students first day of school. KickStart Breakfast 8:30am – 9:30am
Our Event Calendar has been updated with 2023 dates, including Term Dates and Public Holidays. Information can also be found in the footer of our website.
Celebrating our 2023 return to school!
Welcome back to school.
We look forward to welcoming our whānau and students back to Methven Primary on Tuesday 31st January. Between 8.30 – 9.30 am we will be holding a KickStart Breakfast where there will be a coffee cart and ‘smoothy bikes’ for children to whiz up their own smoothies.
Thank you to The Friends of Methven Primary School who will be kindly supporting us with this.
Information on the Methven Primary School Uniform can be found on our Uniform page. As well as ordering uniform supplies online from the NZ Uniforms website, families can also visit their Christchurch store.
Located at 455 Blenheim Road, their opening hours are:
- 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
- 9am – 4pm Saturday
Note: NZ Uniforms close on Friday 23rd December for the Christmas / New Year break, and will return on Wednesday 4th January.
Second hand uniforms may also be available via the Methven Primary School Uniform Buy/Sell Facebook page and the Friends of MPS second hand clothing rack in the school office.
Note: The office has a sample of each size of the NZ Uniform range of uniform items to try on to assist with sizing.
In the first few weeks of Term 1 & Term 3 each year, families will also be able to order Merino Wool for School Quarter Zip Jersey.
We are once again partnering with Qizzle for ‘Back to School’ Stationery Packs for students. In 2023, we have the following Stationery Packs:
- Mahuri (New Entrant – Year 1 – Year 2) Pack
- Piwakawaka (Year 2 – Year 3 – Year 4) Pack
- Opuke (Year 4 – Year 5 – Year 6) Pack
Visit www.schoolpacks.co.nz, select ‘Methven School’ from the drop down, choose the appropriate stationery pack and all the required stationery items (including quantities) will appear for you to purchase. Selecting full, part or multiple packs is easy, and their pricing is very competitive!
- Other items like left hand scissors and pencil cases are also available online from Qizzle if required.
- Schoolpacks accept credit and debit cards. If this option doesn’t suit you, chat with Qizzle online or email and they can sort out a solution for you!
- Order $69 or more and delivery is free. For orders under $69 there is a freight and handling fee of $6.95. Once you have placed your order with us you can expect delivery between 3-5 working days. And you can even pick the delivery date to fit in with when you are home from the bach or beach!
- Free sticker book with every order and your order will reward our school.
- The majority of our stationery books have durable laminated covers and a range of features designed by teachers including student reference material. You do not need to laminate these books or purchase book covers.
- With every $25 that you spend on stationery for your child one reward point will be issued to our school. We can then collate and redeem these reward points on products for the school.
- If you have any questions please email Michelle or chat with Qizzle online at www.schoolpacks.co.nz
- PDF version of Stationery Lists
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
In 2023, we are once again encouraging Year 5 and 6 students at Methven Primary School to bring their own device for their learning. We see the ability to transition from working at school to home as an important step in our students development. It is also optional for Year 4 students to bring their own device in 2023.
As a Microsoft Office 365 school, having a computer that can have the Office Suite installed is important, especially OneNote. This is a free download from your child’s MPS O365 account, which we can help with at any time.
The computer market is very confusing and is inundated with so many choices. To assist you, Cyclone Computers (our school’s ICT company) have developed a website that promotes a range of devices which fit our school’s criteria covering different price brackets for some guidance.
- Visit https://byod.cyclone.co.nz/
- Search for Methven Primary School & start browsing
Please feel free to shop around for the best price. Cyclone’s advertised pricing includes a 3 year warranty which is important to note. You may be able to find the same device for a cheaper price elsewhere, but you will need to check with the retailer regarding the warranty.
If you have further questions regarding device specifications, we would strongly recommend you talking to Cyclone Computers:
• Phone 0800 686 686 (Christchurch)
• Utilise their online chat feature