Students first day at Methven Primary School for 2020 is Monday 3rd February.
The Methven Primary School office will be open on Monday 27th January from 9:00am – 12:00pm for families wishing to enrol their child.
Our office will be open on Friday 31st January from 8:30am – 3:30pm.
Our Event Calendar has been updated with 2020 dates, including Term Dates and Public Holidays. Information can also be found in the footer of our website.
Home Class Lists
Kia ora and welcome back to the 2020 school year!
Please click on the below button to view our 2020 Home Class Lists. Your child has been assigned to a teacher who will be responsible for his/her pastoral care and will be your first point of contact for our home and school partnership. We have endeavoured to ensure that your child has one or more familiar face(s) in the same home class. However, as our learning spaces are collaborative, there will be many opportunities to learn and play alongside all his/her same age peers throughout the year. Please contact Team Leaders if you have anything you wish to discuss before school starts back.
We look forward to greeting you on Monday 3rd February. Our School map will assist where your child’s classroom is located. Teachers will be in classrooms between 8:30am – 9:30am to meet students and whanau and help sort stationery. Don’t forget to bring your 2020 Student Profile that was sent out with School Reports last year. (New students will be provided with this profile).
Please join Rosie Robinson and myself for a coffee and chat near the staffroom. The bell will go at 9:30am to start the school day.
Home Class Welcome
We welcome you to visit your child’s new class and meet the class teacher on the first day of school on Monday 3 February between 8:30am and 9:30am.
This is an opportunity for all families to pop in, have a chat, ask questions and drop off stationery. Buses will be in operation for those who can’t make it.
Please fill in the 2020 Student Profile form (attached) and give it to your Home Class Teacher on your first day of school.
Download School Map to locate classrooms
As well as ordering uniform supplies online from the NZ Uniforms website http://methvenprimary.nzuniforms.com, families can also visit their new Christchurch store.
Located at 455 Blenheim Road, their opening hours are:
- 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
- 9am – 1pm Saturday
Note: NZ Uniforms are closed from 3pm 24th December. They will reopen on the 3rd January. They will not be processing any website orders placed after the 20th December until the store reopens.
Second hand uniforms may also be available via a local facebook page: www.facebook.com/mps.uniform.buy.sell.
We are once again partnering with Eeny Meeny for ‘Back to School’ Stationery Packs for students.
- Visit www.schoolpacks.co.nz, select ‘Methven School’ from the drop down, choose the appropriate team pack and all the required stationery items (including quantities) will appear for you to purchase.
- Selecting full, part or multiple packs is easy, and their pricing is very competitive!
- Orders over $40+GST are dispatched freight free, a small freight charge applies to orders under $40+GST.
- Payment can be made via credit card or Internet Banking. If neither of these options suit you, chat with Eeny Meeny to sort out a solution for you!
- With every $25 that you spend on stationery one reward point will be issued to our school. We can then collate and redeem these reward points on products from Eeny Meeny.
- Click here to view a PDF of the 2020 Stationery Lists.
Included within the school packs are some Warwick ‘My Learning’ books. These range of books have durable laminated covers and a range of features designed by teachers including student reference material. You do not need to laminate these books or purchase book covers.
- Mahuri – Please name your child’s books and book bag. All other items will be for class use and do not need labelled.
- Piwakawaka – Label all items (except tissues)
- Opuke – Ensure your child’s name is on all items, except tissues.
Additional School Items
Families are also required to purchase the below items:
- School Diary $5.00
- Reading Eggs Subscription $15.00
- Matific Subscription $12.00
- Matific Subscription $12.00
These will be distributed to students on their first week of school, with the cost invoiced to family accounts. We would appreciate payment within a week of receiving the invoice please.
All payments to Methven Primary School will need to be made to 02-0868-0013797-000.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
In 2020, we are once again encouraging Year 5 and 6 students at Methven Primary School to bring their own device for their learning. We see the ability to transition from working at school to home, as an important step in our students development.
As an Office 365 school, having a computer that can have the Office Suite installed is important, especially OneNote. This is a free download from your child’s MPS O365 account, which we can help with at any time.
The computer market is very confusing and is inundated with so many choices. To assist you, Cyclone Computers (our school’s ICT company) have developed a website that promotes a range of devices which fit our schools criteria covering different price brackets for some guidance. If you visit their website you can view detailed information regarding the selected models. (Note: Any changes in pricing will be updated on the website).
Please feel free to shop around for the best price. Cyclone’s advertised pricing will always include a 3 Year warranty which is important to note. You may be able to find the same device for a cheaper price else where, but you will need to check with the retailer regarding the warranty.
If you have further questions regarding device specifications, we would strongly recommend you talking to Cyclone Computers:
- Phone 0800 686 686 (Christchurch)
- Visit www.cyclone.co.nz and utilise their online chat feature