Students first day at Methven Primary School for 2019 is Thursday 31st January.
New enrolments can be made at school on Friday 25th January from 9:00am – 12:00pm.
Copies of our enrolment forms can be downloaded on our Enrolment Info & Forms page. A pre-enrolment notification form is also located on this page so that you can advise the school of your intended enrolment to assist our leadership team with class placements.
Our office will be open on Wednesday 30th January from 9:00am – 3:00pm.
Our Event Calendar has been updated with 2019 dates, including Term Dates, Public Holidays, and Teacher Only Afternoon/Days. Information can also be found in the footer of our website.
Home Class Lists
All children will be assigned a “Home Class Group” with a “Home Class Teacher”. This will be the teacher who is responsible for the pastoral care of your child and your point of contact for our home and school partnership.
Class lists will be sent out via a link on Message My Way at 5:00pm Friday 25th January. They will also be placed here on this page and outside our school office.
Our School Staff page has been updated with 2019 classrooms / teachers.
Home Class Open Day
Instead of starting our year with Goal Setting 3-Way Conferences, we will be holding an Open Day in each learning space. This will be held on Wednesday 30th January between 1:00pm – 4:00pm.
This is an opportunity for all families to pop in and meet the new Home Teacher, have a chat, ask questions and/or drop off stationery. We are hoping to see as many families as possible on this day.
Please fill in the 2019 Student Profile form and bring it to the Open Day.
Message My Way
We will once again be using Message My Way as our main reminder and alert system for 2019, starting with a notification when Class and Homeroom Teacher Lists are available.
If you have had a change in mobile number or email address recently, please ensure you email so we can update your details.
As well as ordering uniform supplies online from the NZ Uniforms website http://methvenprimary.nzuniforms.com, families can also visit their new Christchurch store.
Located at 455 Blenheim Road, their opening hours are:
- 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
- 9am – 1pm Saturday
Note: NZ Uniforms are closed from 22nd December until the 3rd January. They will not be processing any website orders placed after the 20th December until the store reopens.
The store’s contact details are and 03 595 5766.
Second hand uniforms may also be available via a local facebook page: www.facebook.com/mps.uniform.buy.sell.
We are once again partnering with Eeny Meeny for ‘Back to School’ Stationery Packs for students.
- Visit www.schoolpacks.co.nz, select ‘Methven School’ from the drop down, choose the appropriate team pack and all the required stationery items (including quantities) will appear for you to purchase.
- Selecting full, part or multiple packs is easy, and their pricing is very competitive – we couldn’t find cheaper!
- Orders over $40+GST are dispatched freight free, a small freight charge applies to orders under $40+GST.
- Payment can be made via credit card or Internet Banking. If neither of these options suit you, chat with Eeny Meeny to sort out a solution for you!
- With every $25 that you spend on stationery one reward point will be issued to our school. We can then collate and redeem these reward points on products from Eeny Meeny.
- Click here to view a PDF of the 2019 Stationery Lists.
Included within the school packs are some Warwick ‘My Learning’ books. These range of books have durable laminated covers and a range of features designed by teachers including student reference material. You do not need to laminate these books or purchase book covers.
- Mahuri – Please name your child’s books and book bag. All other items will be for class use and do not need labelled.
- Piwakawaka – Label all items (except tissues)
- Opuke – Ensure your child’s name is on all items, except tissues.
If you have any queries regarding stationery items over the holiday period, please don’t hesitate to email Michelle on .
Additional School Items
Families are also required to purchase the below items:
- School Diary $5.00
- Reading Eggs Subscription $15.00
- Matific Subscription $10.00
- Matific Subscription $10.00
These will be distributed to students on their first week of school, with the cost invoiced to family accounts. We would appreciate payment within a week of receiving the invoice please.
All payments to Methven Primary School will need to be made to 02-0868-0013797-000.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
In 2019, we are once again encouraging Year 5 and 6 students at Methven Primary School to bring their own device for their learning. We see the ability to transition from working at school to home, as an important step in our students development.
As an Office 365 school, having a computer that can have the Office Suite installed is important, especially OneNote. This is a free download from your child’s MPS O365 account, which we can help with at any time.
The computer market is very confusing and is inundated with so many choices. To assist you, Cyclone Computers (our school’s ICT company) have developed a website that promotes a range of devices which fit our schools criteria covering different price brackets for some guidance. If you visit their website you can view detailed information regarding the selected models. (Note: Any changes in pricing will be updated on the website).
Please feel free to shop around for the best price. Cyclone’s advertised pricing will always include a 3 Year warranty which is important to note. You may be able to find the same device for a cheaper price else where, but you will need to check with the retailer regarding the warranty.
If you have further questions regarding device specifications, we would strongly recommend you talking to Cyclone Computers:
- Phone 0800 686 686 (Christchurch)
- Visit www.cyclone.co.nz and utilise their online chat feature
If you have any questions regarding the Bring Your Own Device programme at Methven Primary School, please don’t hesitate to contact Keryn: